Monday, June 11, 2007

A Referee With No ID


Every time I mess up, yet every time I go thinking that I will do better this time! That’s me and soccer.

I admit I don’t have the skill, when the ball hit my leg I don’t keep it much; a sec. or little more and you can find it whirling out of control to no where or maybe near the goal (by luck sure).

Anyway, I believe my problem is that I don’t look around before kicking the ball … I decided that I might do better the next time though … heheheee

That wasn’t what I wanted to say! … mmm, ah … between matches while I was resting a bit, there in the court next to us occurred a fight, it was load and players came ReaLLy angry.

I didn’t get the reason why they were fighting, yet the only thing significant was the referee they had, he was amazing! Really amazing … he simply left them fighting and stood at the side of the court and seemed shy or weak! What came to my mind at the time was the words of Ibn Taymiyyah .. Yeah, it was as if tailored to fit the situation.

He once said, headship has to include both strength and straightness (honesty) .. both has to come in a leader to be successful .. Apparently, this referee did lack strength for honesty; thus, he was weak in the match and the whole match became a fight and a mess.

Ibn Taymiyyah goes on to explain; when there you can’t find a leader who has both virtues ­– strength and honesty – you should be choosing that who has strength only rather than the one having honesty alone. “The dishonest strong one, his strength will be for Muslims and his dishonesty will reflect on himself; yet, the honest weak person, his honesty will benefit himself and his weakness will effect all Muslims ...” says Ibn Taymiyyah.

Our match went well though, if it wasn’t for my whirling shoots …hehe
Still, I hope the next time I concentrate and play better – not with the same team for sure, they already know about my skills ! lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But sure both strength and honesty is hard to find .. and strength alone is good if leader was Muslim! I mean, look at Bush for instance, he has power and no honesty, for not being Muslim and still ruling Muslims he is not good for the world!